Category:Noyes Laboratory of Chemistry
The William Albert Noyes Laboratory of Chemistry, located at 505 S. Mathews Avenue in Urbana, Illinois on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, was built in 1902 as the "New Chemical Laboratory", and was designed by Nelson Strong Spencer in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. The building had 77,884 square feet of usable space, and was built at the cost of under $100,000. Ten years later more space was needed, and the east wing, with 86,396 square feet of additional space, was built in 1915-16 at the cost of $250,000. The building then housed the largest chemistry department in the United States at the time. In 1939 the building was dedicated in honor of the influential UI chemist William A. Noyes. It was designated a National Historic Chemical Landmark by the American Chemical Society in 2002, in recognition of the many contributions to the chemical sciences that have been made there over the last 100 years.
Media in category "Noyes Laboratory of Chemistry"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Noyes Laboratory - UIUC - DSC09148.JPG 4,320 × 3,240; 4.61 MB
- Noyes Laboratory 20090213 experiment6.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 3.97 MB
- William Albert Noyes Laboratory of Chemistry University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.jpg 3,264 × 2,314; 2.23 MB
- WilliamAlbertNoyesLaboratory Urbana Illinois 4558.jpg 3,468 × 2,308; 2.54 MB