|Instance of||automobile manufacturer|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished||1952|
Nuffield Organization was the unincorporated umbrella-name or promotional name used for the charitable and commercial interests of owner and donor, William Morris, 1st Viscount Nuffield. The name was assumed following Nuffield's gift made to form his Nuffield Foundation in 1943, it linked his business interests to his existing very generous philanthropy. The same enterprises had previously been referred to as the Morris Organizations and at first described itself as:
- The Nuffield Organization, A Cornerstone of Britain's Industrial Structure.
The productive businesses were owned by Morris Motors Limited and this corporate structure appears to have been retained until the formation of British Leyland in 1968.
In 1945 the principal businesses among them were:
- Morris Motors Limited - Morris vehicles which was also the Nuffield Organization's holding company for:
- Wolseley Motors Limited - Wolseley cars
- Riley (Coventry) Limited - Riley cars
- The M.G. Car Company Limited - MG cars
- Morris Commercial Cars Limited - producing vans and trucks
- The S.U. Carburetter Company Limited
- Nuffield Acceptances Limited - Arranged finance in connection with hire-purchase agreements for the purchase of motor cars
- Nuffield (Australia) Pty Limited
- Nuffield Exports Limited
- Nuffield Mechanizations Limited - produced tanks during the war
- Nuffield Metal Products Limited
- Nuffield Tools and Gauges Limited - production equipment for the other companies
- The Nuffield Press Limited - publishing handbooks, owners' magazine etc.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Media in category "Nuffield Organisation"
This category contains only the following file.
- Nuffield Organization advertisement 1951 286106681.jpg 1,481 × 2,051; 385 KB