Category:Odd Fellows Hall (New York City)
The Odd Fellows Hall, at 165-171 Grand Street between Centre and Baxter Streets, in the Little Italy neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1847-48 and designed by the firm of Tench & Snook in the Italianate style, one of the city's earliest structures in this style, which Joseph Trench had introduced with his design for the A. T. Stewart store in 1845. (His partner Snook was responsible for many nearby cast-iron buildings.) The mansard roof was an addition, designed by John Buckingham and built in 1881-82. The Odd Fellows used the building until the 1880s, when they moved uptown with the city's population. The building was afterwards converted to commercial and industrial use, and is now residential condominiums. (Sources: Guie to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
Media in category "Odd Fellows Hall (New York City)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- 165-171-grand.jpg 1,990 × 2,336; 963 KB
- Odd Fellows Grand & Centre Sts sunny morn jeh.JPG 3,201 × 3,202; 2.3 MB
- Odd Fellows Hall 165-171 Grand Street.jpg 1,728 × 1,789; 857 KB
- Oldd Fellows Grand & Baxter Sts sunny morn jeh.JPG 4,002 × 3,598; 2.91 MB