The Offerman Building, at 503-13 Fulton Street between Duffield and Bridge Street, and 234-48 Duffield Street between Fulton and Willoughby Streets in the Civic Center district of Brooklyn, New York City, was built in 1890-93 as the S. Wechsler and Brother Store, and was designed by Peter J. Lauritzen of Lauritzen & Voss in the Romanesque Revival style. Alterations were made to the base of the building in 1946-48, but the upper stories of the Fulton Street facade and most of the Duffield Stret facade preserve some of the original details of the design. From 1924 to 1979, Martin's Department Store was located in the building. The Offerman Building was designated a New York City landmark in 2005. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))
Media in category "Offerman Building"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.