Category:Old Fort Johnson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Old Fort Johnson, located at 2 Mergner Road (junction of New York State Routes 5 and 67) in Fort Johnson, New York. It is the site of a two-story stone house originally enclosed in fortifications built by Sir William Johnson about 1749. The fort served as Johnson's home, business office and trading center until 1763 when he moved to Johnson Hall in what is now Johnstown, New York. Sir William's son Sir John Johnson owned the house from 1763 until 1776, when it was confiscated due to their being Loyalists.. The house is now owned and operated as a museum by the Montgomery County Historical Society. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1972.
historic house in the village of Fort Johnson, New York
Media in category "Old Fort Johnson"
The following 44 files are in this category, out of 44 total.
- 2020 Old Fort Johnson main building.jpg 4,523 × 3,244; 3.13 MB
- 2020 Old Fort Johnson outbuilding.jpg 4,482 × 3,102; 3.14 MB
- Fort Johnson Bigfrontyard.jpg 350 × 263; 39 KB
- Fort Johnson, near Amsterdam, N. Y., 1915.jpg 887 × 643; 231 KB
- Fort Johnson-01.jpg 375 × 250; 103 KB
- Fort Johnson.jpg 760 × 577; 103 KB
- Old Fort Johnson Bridge.jpg 710 × 887; 297 KB