The Orbeliani was a Georgian noble family (tavadi), which branched off the Baratashvili family in the 17th century and later produced several lines variously called Orbeliani, Orbelishvili (ორბელიშვილი), Qaplanishvili (ყაფლანიშვილი), and Jambakur(ian)-Orbeliani (ჯამბაკურ[იან]-ორბელიანი). They were prominent in Georgia’s politics, culture, and science; remained so under the Russian rule in the 19th century – when most of the Orbeliani lines were received among the princely nobility (knyaz) of the Russian Empire – and into the 20th century.
List of members from the family:
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Alexander Orbeliani (3 F)
- ► Elizabeth Orbeliani (Baryatinskay) (3 F)
- ► Ilia Orbeliani (5 F)
- ► Jambakur-Orbeliani (1 C, 3 F)
- ► Manana Orbeliani (4 F)
- ► Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani (2 C, 13 F)
- ► Tamaz Orbeliani (1 F)
- ► Vakhtang Orbeliani (4 F)
Media in category "Orbeliani"
The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.
- 1903 ball - Sofia Iv. Orbeliani.jpg 1,010 KB
- A.D. Gagarina.jpg 183 KB
- A.Gagarina.jpg 169 KB
- Aleksandra Melikishvili.jpg 180 KB
- Salome chavchavadze.jpg 53 KB
- E. I. Gruzinskay.jpg 55 KB
- Maria Orbeliani.jpg 169 KB
- MariamJambakurOrbeliani.jpg 108 KB
- Melikishvilis Aleksandra.jpg 143 KB
- Orbeliani.jpg 157 KB
- Tekla-batonishvili.jpg 59 KB
- Орбелиани1.jpg 154 KB