Category:Ordenspalais (Wilhelmplatz)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Ordenspalais (Wilhelmplatz) was a city palace on Wilhelmplatz and Wilhelmstraße in Berlin. The building was named after the Order of Saint John (Johanniterorden) which used it as its Berlin residence in the 18th century. Later on, it was the residence of several princes of the house of Hohenzollern and was renamed after them (Palais Prinz Karl; Palais Prinz Leopold). In 1933, it became the seat of the Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda led by Joseph Goebbels. The Ordenspalais was destroyed in World War II, but a large annex erected by the nazis still exists and is used today by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.

Media in category "Ordenspalais (Wilhelmplatz)"

The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.