Category:Overseas Service Ribbon (United States Army)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Army Overseas Service Ribbon
- 1. Description: The Army Overseas Service ribbon is 1 3/8 inches in with. It is composed of the following vertical stripes:
- 3/16 inch National Flag Blue 67124,
- 5/16 inch Grotto Blue 67165,
- 1/16 inch Golden Yellow 67104,
- 1/4 inch Brick Red 67113,
- 1/16 inch Golden Yellow,
- 5/16 inch Grotto Blue,
- 3/16 inch National Flag Blue.
- 2. Components: Ribbon. MIL-D-11589/282. (There is no medal for this ribbon).
- 3. Criteria:
- a. The Overseas Service Ribbon (OSR) is awarded to members of the U.S. Army for successful completion of overseas tours.
- b. Effective 1981-08-01, all members of the Active Army, Army National Guard, and Army Reserve in an active Reserve status are eligible for this award. The ribbon may be awarded retroactively to those personnel who were credited with a normal overseas tour completion before 1 August 1981, provided they had an Active Army status on or after 1981-08-01.
- c. Requirements for award of the ribbon are contained in AR 600-8-22.
- 4. Background:
- a. The Army Overseas Service Ribbon was established by the Secretary of the Army on 1981-04-10.
- b. A corresponding numeral is affixed to the ribbon to indicate completion of a second or subsequent qualifying overseas tour(s).
Media in category "Overseas Service Ribbon (United States Army)"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.