Category:Palace of Placentia
English: The Palace of Placentia was an English Royal Palace built by Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester in 1428, in Greenwich, on the banks of the River Thames, downstream from London. The Palace was demolished in the seventeenth century and replaced with the Greenwich Hospital (now The Old Royal Naval College) in the late seventeenth century.
English Royal Palace at Greenwich
|Location||Royal Borough of Greenwich, United Kingdom|
Media in category "Palace of Placentia"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- An historical account of the Royal Hospital for Seamen at Greenwich (1789) (14786307743).jpg 3,744 × 2,736; 4.73 MB
- Greenwich Palace (anonymous).jpg 1,218 × 880; 214 KB
- Greenwich PalaceGentlemen'sMagazine1840.jpg 640 × 357; 27 KB
- Placentia - geograph.org.uk - 1154521.jpg 640 × 426; 80 KB
- The Palace of Placentia.jpg 1,280 × 822; 581 KB
- Tudor jetty of Placentia Palace in Greenwich.jpg 4,436 × 2,868; 9.61 MB