Category:Palais du Louvre
The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Its origins date back to the medieval period, and its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. It was the actual seat of power in France until Louis XIV moved to Versailles in 1682, bringing the government with him. The Louvre remained the nominal, or formal, seat of government until the end of the Ancien Régime in 1789. Since then it has housed the celebrated Musée du Louvre as well as various government departments.
This building is classé au titre des monuments historiques de la France. It is indexed in the base Mérimée, a database of architectural heritage maintained by the French Ministry of Culture, under the reference PA00085992 .
former royal palace, now hosting the Louvre Museum in Paris, France
|Location||1st arrondissement of Paris, Paris Centre, Paris, Metropolis of Greater Paris, Île-de-France, Metropolitan France, France|
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- Cafés and restaurants of the Louvre (5 C, 2 F)
- Plans of the Palais du Louvre (8 C, 1 P, 9 F)
- Things named after Louvre (26 C)
- Views from the Palais du Louvre (3 C, 50 F)
- Palais du Louvre/category tree (empty)
- WikiProject Louvre (7 C, 10 P)
Media in category "Palais du Louvre"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- De-Louvre.ogg 1.9 s; 18 KB
- Paris - Orthophotographie - 2018 - Palais du Louvre 01.jpg 9,899 × 7,424; 32.01 MB
- Paris - Orthophotographie - 2018 - Palais du Louvre 02.jpg 9,899 × 5,568; 36.05 MB
- Vue depuis bateau-mouche sur la Seine 5.jpg 2,272 × 1,704; 1.19 MB