The Pallava was a Tamil dynasty which ruled the Northern Tamil Nadu region and whole of Andhra Pradesh with their capital at Kanchipuram. The word Pallava in Sanskrit means branch. The Pallava dynasty is a an offshoot of the Chola dynasty. They expanded into the Guntur region of Andhra Pradesh. This area is still referred to as en:Palnadu or Pallava Nadu. Pallavas rose in power in the 6/7th century CE and dominated the Telugu and northern parts of the en:Ancient Tamil country region for about six hundred years until the end of the 9th century.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Media in category "Pallava"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Mamallapuram Chennai.jpg 1,944 × 2,592; 1.11 MB
- Mandagappattu Temple Inscription.jpg 768 × 487; 74 KB
- Pallava Pillar 7th Century.png 655 × 442; 139 KB
- Pallava Pillar Mahendravadi.png 390 × 401; 77 KB
- Pallava Pillar Mandagappattu.png 400 × 404; 62 KB
- Pallavas of Coromandel.jpg 800 × 391; 103 KB
- Thiruvamathur (36).jpg 5,184 × 3,456; 5.94 MB