Category:Parliament of Ireland (1297-1800)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Parliament of Ireland was a legislature that existed in Dublin from 1297 until 1800. It comprised two chambers: the House of Lords and the House of Commons. The House of Lords consisted of members of the Irish peerage and the bishops (after the Reformation, Church of Ireland bishops), while the Commons was directly elected, albeit on a very restricted franchise. See Category:Oireachtas for the contemporary parliament.
historical parliament of Ireland (1297-1800)
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished date|