Jump to navigation Jump to search
branch of agriculture concerned with raising livestock
English: Pastoralism is the branch of agriculture concerned with the raising of livestock. It is animal husbandry: the care, tending and use of animals such as camels, goats, cattle, yaks, llamas, and sheep. "Pastoralism" generally has a mobile aspect, moving the herds in search of fresh pasture and water (in contrast to pastoral farming, in which non-nomadic farmers grow crops and improve pastures for their livestock).
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Pastoralism"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Dogua Tembien.jpg 604 × 453; 64 KB
- Drinking trough cut in log.jpg 4,032 × 3,024; 4.66 MB
- Pastorizia - panoramio.jpg 2,736 × 1,824; 1.17 MB
- Sheep grazings at Ystum-cegid-ganol - geograph.org.uk - 1763289.jpg 1,024 × 570; 163 KB
- Troupeau de chèvres à Puscaghia.jpg 2,754 × 1,080; 2.1 MB
- Wolf - herd protection - France.png 1,170 × 742; 34 KB
- Wolf attacks at night and by day.png 1,168 × 742; 34 KB