|Name in native language||ପଠାଣି ସାମନ୍ତ|
|Date of birth||13 December 1835|
|Date of death||11 June 1904|
Pathani Samanta (Samanta Chandra Sekhara Mahapatra) was an ancient Indian astroscientist from Odisha, India. He was the first person to measure the distance from sun to earth by using a handmade instrument made of bamboo. His findings, observations and research work were published in the form of a book, Sidhanta Darpana.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Pathani Samanta Planetarium (1 C, 3 F)
Media in category "Pathani Samanta"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Oil Paint of Pathani samanta.jpg 229 × 276; 15 KB
- Pathani samant.jpg 369 × 491; 72 KB
- Pathani Samanta 2001 stamp of India.jpg 701 × 945; 556 KB
- Sun dial in Khandapada, Nayagarh, Odisha 02.jpg 4,928 × 3,264; 3.38 MB
- Sun dial in Khandapada, Nayagarh, Odisha 03.jpg 4,928 × 3,264; 3.23 MB
- Sundial in Khandapada, Nayagarh, Odisha 01.jpg 4,928 × 3,264; 4.04 MB