Category:Paul Alexandrovich of Russia
Nicholas Alexandrovich • Alexander III • Vladimir Alexandrovich • Alexey Alexandrovich • Sergei Alexandrovich • Paul Alexandrovich
His Imperial Highness Grand Duke Pavel Alexandrovich of Russia (Павел Александрович) (October 3, 1860 N.S.–January 24, 1919 N.S.) was the eighth child of Tsar Alexander II of Russia by his first wife Empress Maria Alexandrovna. His birth was commemorated by the naming of the city of Pavlodar in Kazakhstan. He entered the Russian Army and rose to the rank of General.
In 1889 he married HRH Princess Alexandra of Greece and Denmark, who bore him two children:
- HIH Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia b. 6 April 1890
- HIH Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich of Russia b. 18 September 1891. Alexandra died just hours after Dmitri's birth.
In 1893, the young widower became close to a commoner, Olga Valerianovna Karnovich. They had 3 Children together:
- en:Vladimir Pavlovich Paley, who became a remarkable poet, and two girls, en:Irina Pavlovna Paley and Natalia Pavlovna Paley.
Russian noble (1860-1919)
|Date of birth||3 October 1860|
|Date of death||30 January 1919|
Peter and Paul Fortress
|Manner of death|
|Cause of death|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Paul Alexandrovich of Russia"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- 1897 Serow Pavel Aleksandrovich.JPG 2,348 × 2,644; 4.68 MB
- Pavel Alex. by Serov.jpg 455 × 520; 50 KB
- Paul Alexandrovich (by I. Kramskoy).jpg 400 × 525; 12 KB
- Pavel Alexandrovich by Paolo Troubetzkoy (1910, GRM) by shakko 01.jpg 2,061 × 3,339; 1.12 MB
- Pavel Alexandrovich by Paolo Troubetzkoy (1910, GRM) by shakko 02.jpg 4,480 × 3,360; 2.97 MB
- Portrait of Grand Duke Pavel Alexandrovich.jpg 554 × 633; 27 KB
- S. Alexandra and S.Paul by F.Platonov (1889, priv.coll).jpg 1,578 × 1,892; 1.33 MB