English: Peckleton is a civil parish and village in the Hinckley and Bosworth district of Leicestershire, England. The parish includes the villages of Peckleton and Kirkby Mallory, and is about 8 miles (13 km) west of central Leicester. According to the 2001 census the parish had a population of 1,077. The village of Peckleton has a population of around 200 and situated along a single road, the name of which changes on numerous occasions in the space of 2 miles, and an associated new housing development, Hill Close. At the eastern end of the village is Peckleton Common, adjacent to The Glebe Fisheries, an angling centre of excellence completed in 1996. The local church, St Mary Magdalene, is located just south of the village centre. Notable residents of Peckleton include members of the lineage of Charles Henry Bennett, acclaimed illustrator to Charles Darwin and Lewis Carroll, and the famous Peckleton hounds at the top of the hill.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Peckleton"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Finning-Caterpillar at Desford - geograph.org.uk - 863588.jpg 640 × 480; 103 KB
- Footpath to Peckleton - geograph.org.uk - 161231.jpg 640 × 480; 96 KB
- Mallory Park motor racing circuit - geograph.org.uk - 1516653.jpg 640 × 214; 53 KB
- Bridleway to Earl Shilton - geograph.org.uk - 158784.jpg 640 × 480; 75 KB
- Flat Top Hedge - geograph.org.uk - 158783.jpg 640 × 480; 99 KB
- Peckleton Common, Leicestershire - geograph.org.uk - 703266.jpg 640 × 469; 75 KB
- Peckleton Lane, Leicester Forest West - geograph.org.uk - 703289.jpg 640 × 450; 75 KB
- Sharp bend in Shilton Road - geograph.org.uk - 703196.jpg 640 × 482; 90 KB
- The Peckleton Restaurant - geograph.org.uk - 703257.jpg 640 × 428; 74 KB
- Tooley Farm near Earl Shilton - geograph.org.uk - 699803.jpg 640 × 433; 53 KB
- Travelling east along Kirkby Lane - geograph.org.uk - 703256.jpg 640 × 436; 84 KB
- View towards Tooley Spinneys - geograph.org.uk - 699792.jpg 640 × 469; 113 KB
- Village Hall - geograph.org.uk - 158785.jpg 640 × 480; 80 KB