Category:Peter White (Michigan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Peter Quintard White (October 31, 1830 – June 6, 1908) was one of the original settlers of Marquette. He was a banker, businessman, real estate developer, and a philanthropist; and was involved in a number of the area's iron mining-related businesses, including acting as a director the Cleveland Iron Company. White served in many local and state public offices, including postmaster, county clerk, school board member, state representative and senator, and as a member of the state library commission and a Regent of the University of Michigan. Poet William Henry Drummond said of White, "the trail Peter White has cut through life is blessed by acts of private charity and deeds of public devotion that will serve as a guide to those who follow in the footsteps of a truly great, and above all, good man."
one of the original settlers of Marquette, Michigan
|Date of birth||31 October 1830|
|Date of death||6 June 1908|
|Country of citizenship|
Media in category "Peter White (Michigan)"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- 2009-0618-UP-MarquettePeterWhiteLibrary.jpg 3,327 × 2,343; 4.03 MB
- Charles meeske.jpg 330 × 385; 56 KB
- Peter White Public Library, Marquette, Mich. c.1905.jpg 4,991 × 4,001; 8.62 MB
- PeterWhiteLibraryMarquettec1907.jpg 398 × 243; 22 KB
- PeterWhiteMarquette.jpg 421 × 557; 31 KB
- PeterWhiteMarquettec1865.jpg 181 × 300; 10 KB
- PeterWhiteMarquettePortrait.jpg 316 × 429; 23 KB
- PeterWhiteMarquetteSignature.png 221 × 203; 4 KB
- Pwplw.jpg 200 × 159; 13 KB
- Reiner hoch.jpg 398 × 487; 63 KB