Category:Phillip Allen Sharp
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Deutsch: Phillip Allen Sharp (* 6. Juni 1944 in Falmouth, Kentucky) ist ein amerikanischer Molekularbiologie und Genetiker.
English: Phillip Allen Sharp (born June 6, 1944) is an American geneticist and molecular biologist who co-discovered RNA splicing. He shared the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine with Richard J. Roberts for "the discovery that genes in eukaryotes are not contiguous strings but contain introns, and that the splicing of messenger RNA to delete those introns can occur in different ways, yielding different proteins from the same DNA sequence".
|Date of birth||6 June 1944|
|Country of citizenship|
|Doctoral student|| |
|Field of work|
|Award received|| |
Media in category "Phillip Allen Sharp"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Phillip A Sharp NIH.jpg 194 × 157; 15 KB
- Phillip A Sharp.jpg 515 × 428; 74 KB
- Phillip Sharp HD2007 head shot crop.jpg 1,200 × 1,176; 134 KB
- Phillip Sharp HD2007 podium crop.jpg 2,168 × 1,516; 122 KB
- Phillip Sharp HD2007 with Winthrop Sears Medal (cropped).jpg 711 × 1,113; 577 KB
- Phillip Sharp HD2007 with Winthrop Sears Medal.jpg 1,874 × 2,800; 3.75 MB