Category:Phoenix (ship, 1929)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: Rig 2 masted Brig
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Hjorne & Jakobsen, Frederikshavn, Denmark
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date:
- Date of completion: 1929
- Length over all: 111.9 ft (34.1 m)
- LPP: m
- Beam: 22 ft (6.7 m)
- Draught: 8.5 ft (2.6 m)
- GRT: 79.1
- Area of sail: 4000 square feet (372 m²)
- Main engine: Volvo 235 hp
- Speed: kn
- 1929 Named: PHOENIX as Evangelical Mission Schooner Flag: Denmark
- 1949 Sold
- 1974 Sold and converted into a Brigantine
- 1988 Sold to Square Sail, complete refit. Flag: United Kingdom
- 1991 she was converted to the 15th century Caravel ‘Santa Maria’ for Ridley Scott’s film ‘1492 Conquest of Paradise’. The ship was known as Santa Maria until, in 1996, due to increasing demand for period square-riggers, she was converted into a 2 masted Brig and reverted to her original name ‘Phoenix of Dell Quay’.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Phoenix (ship, 1929)"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.