Category:Plymouth Church (Brooklyn, New York)
Plymouth Church on Orange Street between Henry and Hicks Street in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York was built in 1849-1850 and was designed by Joseph C. Wells. It has Tiffany stained glass windows that came from the Congregational Church of the Pilgrims when the two parishes merged in 1934. The church is notable for being the home church of Henry Ward Beecher from 1847 to 1887, where he preached his abolitionist views. The church complex, which includes a Parish House and connecting arcades (1913-1914, by Woodruff Leeming), is located within the Brooklyn Heights Historic District, and the church is a National Historic Landmark. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.))
Media in category "Plymouth Church (Brooklyn, New York)"
The following 45 files are in this category, out of 45 total.