|NO WIKIDATA ID FOUND!|
Create new Wikidata item
The Pope-Waverley was an early electric automobile built from 1904 until 1908 in Indianapolis, Ind. Its manufacturer was formed in 1898, and came under the control of en:Albert Augustus Pope interests in 1900. So, it was a subsidiary or division of his American Bicycle Company (ABC) in 1900, and after this trust failed of his International Motor Car Company. After a reorganization of the Pope automobile ventures, it got a hyphen name like sister companies Pope-Hartford, Pope-Toledo, or Pope-Tribune. After A.A. Popes death his empire fell apart, and Pope-Waverley was sold to investors around the former management. As before 1904, the product was branded again the Waverley.