- Probably Leopold Friedrich Franz, Prince of Anhalt [d. 1817], Gotisches Haus, Wörlitz, near Dessau. Probably Leopold Friedrich, Prince of Anhalt [d. 1871];
- Friedrich I, Duke of Anhalt [d. 1904];
- Friedrich II, Duke of Anhalt, Gotisches Haus, Wörlitz, and Herzogliches Schloss, Dessau;
- sold 1925 through (Bachstitz Gallery, The Hague) to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris);
- purchased December 1926 by Andrew W. Mellon, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C.;
- deeded 30 March 1932 to The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh;
- gift 1937 to NGA.