Postauto is the Swiss Standard German term used in Switzerland for the motorized successor to stagecoaches. This linguistic anomaly also exists in the French and Italian-speaking parts of the country, where the terms Car postal (French) and Autopostale (Italian) are used. In other countries the term postbus is used. Although the combination of mail and passenger transportation had been self-evident in the past, the needs of each diverged towards the end of the twentieth century, when the conveyance of parcels was progressively separated from public transportation. This was also so on private bus and rail lines. This division became official with the conversion of Swiss PostBus Ltd into an independent subsidiary of the Swiss Post; its headquarter is situated in the city of Bern.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Postal buses (Switzerland) (134 F)
Media in category "Postauto"
The following 37 files are in this category, out of 37 total.
- 2008-05-20 Davos 5545.jpg 625 KB
- 2008-05-20 Davos 5546.jpg 453 KB
- 20080408Y202.jpg 249 KB
- 20100124Y325.jpg 229 KB
- Ammerswil Kirchenbus.jpg 3.95 MB
- AutoPostale logo.svg 7 KB
- Brennstoffzellenpostauto.jpg 223 KB
- Carrera PH.JPG 2.86 MB
- CH PostAuto Ecodaily.JPG 3.35 MB
- FrnfldOEV.JPG 3.98 MB
- Golino Ponte bus stop 100515.jpg 3.54 MB
- Logo PostAuto.svg 6 KB
- LöwenstrKrreuzlingen.JPG 2.68 MB
- MAN Lion's City in Sion VS.jpg 3.24 MB
- NAW Postauto.JPG 32 KB
- Picswiss TI-21-06.jpg 54 KB
- Postauto Fahrplan.jpg 3.56 MB
- Postauto in Savognin.jpg 529 KB
- Postauto.jpg 94 KB
- PostbusGrindelwald.jpg 54 KB
- S4C St.Gallen.jpg 255 KB
- Saurer 3DUK-50 Oldtimer.jpg 7.96 MB
- Schweizer Postauto Wifi.jpg 2.84 MB
- SVB08.jpg 54 KB