Category:Pratt & Whitney J48
The Pratt & Whitney J48 turbojet was a license-built Rolls-Royce RB.44 Tay, which was essentially an (optionally) afterburning version of the Rolls-Royce Nene. It saw little use in the United Kingdom, but the design was licensed by Pratt & Whitney as the J48 and saw extensive use in several versions of the Grumman F9F Panther and the Lockheed F-94 Starfire, and by Hispano-Suiza as the Verdon which was used in the Dassault Mystère IV.
Media in category "Pratt & Whitney J48"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- J48 engine of F9F-6 on USS Kearsarge (CVA-33) c1955.jpg 628 × 456; 221 KB
- Pratt & Whitney J48.jpg 2,174 × 1,235; 852 KB
- Pratt Whitney J48 engine 1950.jpg 387 × 249; 44 KB
- Pratt-Whitney J48 NAN4-50.jpg 558 × 406; 93 KB
- PW J48-P-6A ATU-201 NAN4-57.jpg 611 × 313; 65 KB