Category:Princess Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge
Princess Augusta of Hesse-Kassel (Augusta Wilhelmina Louisa; later Duchess of Cambridge; 25 July 1797 – 6 April 1889) was the consort of Prince Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge, the tenth-born child, and seventh son, of George III of the United Kingdom and Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. The longest-lived daughter-in-law of George III, she was the maternal grandmother of Mary of Teck, queen consort to George V of the United Kingdom.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had three children:
|Prince George, Duke of Cambridge||26 March 1819||17 March 1904||married, 1847, Sarah Louisa Fairbrother; had issue|
|Princess Augusta of Cambridge||19 July 1822||4 December 1916||married, 1843, Friedrich Wilhelm, Grand Duke of Mecklenberg-Strelitz; had issue|
|Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge||27 November 1833||27 October 1897||married, 1866, Francis, Duke of Teck; had issue, including Mary of Teck, queen consort to George V|
|Date of birth||25 July 1797|
|Date of death||6 April 1889|
St James's Palace
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Princess Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge - Beechey 1818.jpg 927 × 1,453; 341 KB
- Auguste W S.jpg 189 × 260; 5 KB
- Augusta of Hesse-Cassel, Duchess of Cambridge.jpg 1,161 × 1,364; 342 KB
- Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge with her children.jpg 1,399 × 2,000; 1.41 MB
- Auguste Wilhelmine Louise (BM 1902,1011.8102).jpg 2,056 × 2,500; 1.12 MB
- Duchess Augusta of Cambridge (1797-1889).jpg 749 × 944; 94 KB
- Princess Augusta of Hesse-Kassel.png 499 × 595; 516 KB