Category:Princess Helen of Serbia
Princess Jelena of Serbia (November 4, 1884 - October 16, 1962), later known as Princess Elena Petrovna of Russia, or sometimes Princess Helena Petrovna or Princess Helen Petrovna, or Princess Ellen Petrovna or Princess Hélène Petrovna, was the daughter of King en:Peter I of Yugoslavia and his wife Princess Zorka of Montenegro. She was the elder sister of en:George, Crown Prince of Serbia and Alexander I of Yugoslavia. Helen was also a niece of en:Anastasia of Montenegro, or Stana, wife of Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich of Russia (1856-1929), and of Milica of Montenegro, wife of en:Grand Duke Peter Nicolaievich of Russia, the women who introduced Grigori Rasputin to Tsarina Alexandra.
A fourth aunt, Queen Elena of Italy, invited her for a visit and introduced her to Prince Ioann Konstantinovich of Russia. He proposed marriage soon after. It was a love match. The couple had two children, Prince Vsevelod Ivanovich (January 20, 1914 - June 18, 1973), and Princess Ekaterina Ivanovna born in Pavlovsk on (July 12, 1915 - died in Montevideo, Uruguay on July 14, 2007).
Serbian princess; wife of Prince Ioann Konstantinovich of Russia.
|Date of birth||4 November 1884
|Date of death||16 October 1962
|Place of burial|
Media in category "Princess Helen of Serbia"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Elena2.jpg 400 × 518; 26 KB
- IoannHel.jpg 311 × 600; 31 KB
- Jelena, Đorđe and Aleksandar, children of King Petar I.jpg 593 × 800; 75 KB
- Princess Helen of Serbia in defile after coronation of her father.jpg 1,131 × 720; 302 KB
- Princess Jelena Karađorđević.jpg 1,210 × 1,953; 549 KB
- Yelena of Serbia.jpg 445 × 604; 40 KB
- Иоанн Константинович с супругой.jpg 1,165 × 1,741; 1.61 MB
- Могила Елены Петровны Сербской.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 2.42 MB