Category:Princess Margaret of Prussia
Princess Margarete of Prussia (Margarete Beatrice Feodora) (April 22, 1872 - January 22, 1954) was the daughter of the future Frederick III, German Emperor (1831-1888) and his wife, Victoria, Princess Royal (1840-1901), eldest daughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Margaret, or "Mossy" as she was known in the family, was the youngest of eight children. Together with her sisters, Princess Viktoria and Sophie of Prussia, Mossy was very close to her mother and embraced English ways. On January 25, 1893 she married Prince Frederick Charles of Hesse ('Fischy'), future head of the Hesse-Cassel dynasty and future elected king of Finland.
Margaret and Frederick had six children, including two sets of twins:
- His Highness en:Prince Friedrich Wilhelm Sigismund of Hesse-Cassel (23 November 1893 Frankfurt, Germany – 12 September 1916 Romania); en:killed in action WWI
- His Highness en:Prince Maximilian Friedrich Wilhelm Georg of Hesse-Cassel (20 October 1894 – 13 October 1914 ); killed in action WWI
- His Highness Prince Philipp of Hesse-Cassel (1896–1980), married to Princess Mafalda of Savoy
- His Highness Prince Wolfgang of Hesse (1896–1989), married en:Princess Marie Alexandra of Baden
- His Highness Prince Christoph Ernst August of Hesse-Cassel (1901–1943), married en:Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark, had issue
- His Highness Prince Richard Wilhelm Leopold (14 May 1901 – 11 February 1969
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Friedrich III of Germany, family (6 F)
Media in category "Princess Margaret of Prussia"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.