Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
|Instance of|| psalm of the Bible,|
chapter of the Bible
Media in category "Psalm 105"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Beatitudes P1020603.JPG 4,000 × 3,000; 4.47 MB
- Fronhofen Pfarrkirche Fenster Constituit eum Dominum.jpg 904 × 1,447; 596 KB
- Psalm 105 Initial C.jpg 1,200 × 1,871; 1.89 MB