From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Psalm 118 in the Vulgata is Psalm 119 in the common numeration according to the Hebrew bible
English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Cornelius Becker Psalm 119 (17 F)
Media in category "Psalm 119"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.