Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
|Instance of||psalm of the Bible,|
Song of Ascents,
chapter of the Bible
|Part of||Psalms (121, Psalm 120, Psalm 122)|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Psalm 121"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Archangel Michael - The Protector - geograph.org.uk - 1466264.jpg 480 × 640; 105 KB
- Beth Jacob Cemetery 35.jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 5.77 MB
- Lych gate blessed and dedicated, Welland - geograph.org.uk - 1610979.jpg 640 × 427; 285 KB
- Psalm 121 - Flickr - brewbooks.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.8 MB
- Psalm 121.jpg 1,024 × 768; 194 KB