Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
|Instance of|| Jewish prayer,|
psalm of the Bible,
chapter of the Bible
Media in category "Psalm 136"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- PikiWiki Israel 1951 flee market jaffa שוק הפשפשים.JPG 700 × 525; 99 KB
- Psalm 136 Initial S.jpg 1,200 × 1,582; 1.81 MB