Category:P.S. 9 and P.S. 9 Annex (Brooklyn)
Public School 9 and Public School 9 Annex are located at 249 and 251 Sterling Place, respectively, at Vanderbilt Avenue in the Prospect Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn New York City.
Public School 9 was built in 1867-68 and was designed by Samuel B. Leonard in the Early Romanesque Revival style. The two wings were added in 1887 and were designed by James W. Naughton. The school was originally Public School 9, later becoming Public School 111, and currently P.S. 340.
The Public School 9 Annex was built in 1895 and was designed by James W. Naughton in Romanesque Revival style incorporating Renaissance Revival style details. The building has been converted into condominium apartments under the name "P.S. 9".
Both buildings were designated New York City Landmarks in 1978, as "Public School 9" and "Public School 9 Annex", and were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981, as "Public School 111 and Public School 9 Annex". The Annex is located in the Prospect Heights Historic District. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.)
Media in category "P.S. 9 and P.S. 9 Annex (Brooklyn)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.