Pushkar Lake is located in the town of Pushkar in Ajmer district of the Rajasthan state of western India. The beautiful Pushkar Lake is a sanctified spot, and considered as old as the creation, and has been a place of pilgrimage for the Hindus since time immemorial. It is surrounded by 52 bathing ghats, where devotees throng in large numbers to take a dip during the month of Kartik (Oct./Nov.). According to Padma Purana Lord Brahma was in search of suitable place for a Vedic en:yagna. While contemplating, a lotus fell down from his hand on the earth and water spurted from three places one of them was Pushkar and Brahma decided to perform his yagna over here. It is believed that this is also the site where the Sage en:Vishwamitra meditated for thousands of years.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Pushkar Lake"
The following 47 files are in this category, out of 47 total.
- Ajmer Wikivoyage banner.jpg 1.31 MB
- Anasagar Lake, Ajmer.JPG 1.55 MB
- Holy waters.jpg 74 KB
- Night at Pushkar lake.jpg 286 KB
- Pushkar Lake (1581620986).jpg 1.78 MB
- Pushkar Lake (5871067361).jpg 2.36 MB
- Pushkar Lake (5871624612).jpg 1.72 MB
- Pushkar Lake (6272146352).jpg 4.05 MB
- Pushkar Lake (bis).jpg 310 KB
- Pushkar Lake Being Dredged.JPG 4.28 MB
- Pushkar Lake Night View.jpg 1.93 MB
- Pushkar Lake.jpg 175 KB
- Pushkar Lake.JPG 5.81 MB
- Pushkar Lake.png 314 KB
- Pushkar Mahal.jpg 885 KB
- Pushkar Morning.jpg 1.32 MB
- Pushkar Sagar, Rajasthan.jpg 11.42 MB
- Pushkar Sarovar 2.jpg 1.63 MB
- Puskaar.jpg 1.17 MB
- Puskar lake Rajasthan.jpg 7.17 MB
- Sunset, Pushkar lake.jpg 183 KB
- Tefillin in india1.JPG 1.16 MB
- The Holy Lake.jpg 828 KB
- View of the Pushkar lake.jpg 6.35 MB