Category:Pyne's Royal Residences
Aquatint coloured plates from:
The history of the royal residences of Windsor Castle, St. James's Palace, Carlton House, Kensington Palace, Hampton Court, Buckingham House, and Frogmore. : By W.H. Pyne. Illustrated by one hundred highly finished and coloured engravings, fac-similes of original drawings by the most eminent artists. In three volumes.
- OCLC 4086964, and others
- 3 volumes; 100 colour plates
- Originally issued in 25 parts from 1816–19. Collated work published in 1819.
- Modern re-publication by John Cornforth (1976). London: Joseph ISBN 0718114760 has only 16 pages of colour plates.
- Artwork by Charles Wild (59 plates), James Stephanoff (25), Richard Cattermole (9), William Westall (6), George Samuel (1)
- Engraved by Thomas Sutherland (36), Richard Reeve (28), William James Bennett (23), Daniel Havell (11), James Baily (2)
- Much of the original artwork made for the engravings is now preserved in the Royal Collection.
- R.V. Tooley (1979), English Books with Coloured Plates, 1790 to 1860 (Revised 2nd Edition). Folkestone: Wm. Dawson & Sons. ISBN 0712909052. pp.307–311. Has a listing of the plates.
- Martin Hardie (1906), English Coloured Books, London: Methuen & Co and New York: G.P. Putnam's & Sons. pp. 142, 143.
- S.T. Prideaux (1909), Aquatint engraving. London: Duckworth & Co. pp. 142–143
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Pyne's Royal Residences"
The following 123 files are in this category, out of 123 total.