Category:Queen Galadriel (ship, 1937)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Type: Baltic Trader
- Built in Svenborg, Denmark
- Date of completion: 1937
- Length: 32.9 m
- Beam: 6.6 m
- 1937 Named: ELSE (after the Captain's daughter) Flag: Denmark
- 1956 Rebuilt from motor sailor to motor ship
- 1983 Sold to The Cirdan Sailing Trust Renamed: QUEEN GALADRIEL (after a character in Tolkein's 'Lord of The Rings') Flag: United Kingdom
- 2003 Out of service during for a major structural refit. This involved replacement of the keel, extensive re-planking, installation of watertight bulkheads and renewal of all the electrical and mechanical systems. Completely redesign and renew of all below deck accommodation.
- 05.2004 Returned to service
Media in category "Queen Galadriel (ship, 1937)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- "Queen Galadriel" at Ipswich marina - geograph.org.uk - 1274296.jpg 640 × 480; 60 KB
- Gloucester Docks on a foggy November morning.jpg 4,557 × 3,422; 1.32 MB
- Queen Galadriel in the fog at Gloucester Docks.jpg 4,592 × 3,448; 1.19 MB
- Queen Galadriel on a foggy day in Gloucester Docks.jpg 4,592 × 3,448; 2.35 MB