Category:RAF Holmsley South
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: RAF Station Holmsley South is a former World War II airfield in Hampshire, England. The airfield is located approximately 5 miles (8 km) northeast of Christchurch. Opened in 1942, it was used by both the Royal Air Force and United States Army Air Force. During the war it was used primarily as a bomber and later as a transport airfield. After the war it was closed in late 1946.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "RAF Holmsley South"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- HolmesleySouth-1246.png 600 × 524; 383 KB
- 394bg-hom-1.jpg 600 × 343; 54 KB
- 394bg-hom-2.jpg 600 × 352; 44 KB
- Holmsley Campsite - geograph.org.uk - 35105.jpg 640 × 481; 98 KB
- New Forest airfield monument - geograph.org.uk - 19899.jpg 640 × 480; 141 KB
- Plain Heath, Holmsley - geograph.org.uk - 35101.jpg 640 × 481; 122 KB