Category:Regions of France
|Medya bar bike|
|Mînakek ji bo||type of French administrative division,|
type of business entity in France
|Subclass of||territorial collectivity of France (1986–),|
first-level administrative country subdivision,
administrative territorial entity of France (1972–),
electoral district (1982–),
|Dema destpêkirinê||9 tîrmeh 1972|
This category is for administrative regions of France. France is administratively divided into 18 administrative regions: 13 of these are in metropolitan France (one of them, Corse, is on the island of Corsica, although strictly speaking Corse is in fact a “territorial collectivity”, not a région, but is referred to as a région in common speech), 5 are overseas regions. Régions are further subdivided into départements. All other overseas collectivities are not grouped or subdivided into régions or départements and have their own local administrative system.
- Since 1 January 2016, 7 new metropolitan French regions are replacing 16 former ones, and 6 are unchanged. The 7 new regions have been officialized and some of them replaced their transitory name. The Region Centre-Val de Loire (whose borders have not changed) had already adopted a new name, effective since 1 January 2015.
- The 5 overseas regions (which are also departements) have not changed.
Di vê kategoriyê de 24 binkategorî hene. Jêr 24 binkategorî tên nîşandan.
- Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes (27 K, 1 R, 5 D)
- Bourgogne-Franche-Comté (20 K, 2 R, 1 D)
- Région Bretagne (12 K, 1 R)
- Centre-Val de Loire (16 K, 1 R, 1 D)
- Grand Est (21 K, 2 R, 3 D)
- Hauts-de-France (18 K, 1 R, 3 D)
- Île-de-France (19 K, 2 R, 10 D)
- Normandie (15 K, 2 R, 10 D)
- Nouvelle-Aquitaine (25 K, 1 R, 3 D)
- Occitanie (23 K, 1 R, 10 D)
- Pays de la Loire (14 K, 1 R)
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (14 K, 1 R, 3 D)
- Cultural regions of France (8 K, 1 R, 2 D)
Gotarên di kategoriya "Regions of France" de
Di vê kategoriyê de 5 rûpel hene. Jêr 5 rûpel tên nîşandan.