Category:Restoration and Regeneration in Switzerland
The periods of Restoration and Regeneration in Swiss history last from 1814 to 1847. "Restoration" refers to the period of 1814 to 1830, the restoration of the Ancien Régime (federalism), reverting the changes imposed by Napoleon Bonaparte with the centralist Helvetic Republic from 1798 and the partial reversion to the old system with the Act of Mediation of 1803. "Regeneration" refers to the period of 1830 to 1848, when in the wake of July Revolution the "restored" Ancien Régime was countered by the liberal movement. In the Protestant cantons, the rural population enforced liberal cantonal constitutions, partly in armed marches on the cities. This resulted in a conservative backlash in the catholic cantons in the 1830s, raising the conflict to the point of civil war by 1847.
Media in category "Restoration and Regeneration in Switzerland"
The following 31 files are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Bild Bundesvertrag 1815.jpg 1.6 MB
- Bild Tag von Uster.jpg 627 KB
- Bild Zueriputsch1839.jpg 151 KB
- Casimir Pfyffer.jpg 819 KB
- Gallus Jakob Baumgartner.jpg 1.4 MB
- Johann Konrad Kern.jpg 1.8 MB
- Keller Demo.jpg 29 KB
- NiklausRudolfWattenwyl.jpg 236 KB
- Schweiz Wiener Kongress.png 1.28 MB
- Swiss flag Bachmann 1815.svg 205 KB
- Wilhelm Snell.jpg 632 KB
- Zueriputsch Muensterhof.jpg 1.01 MB