Jump to navigation Jump to search
Irish actor, singer, film director and writer
|Name in native language||Richard Harris (stage name)|
|Date of birth||1 October 1930, 2 October 1930|
Richard St John Harris
|Date of death||25 October 2002|
University College Hospital
|Manner of death|
|Cause of death|
|Work period (start)||1958|
|Work period (end)||2002|
|Country of citizenship|
English: Richard St John Harris (1 October 1930 – 25 October 2002) was an Irish actor, singer, theatrical producer, film director and writer. He appeared on stage and in many films, appearing as Frank Machin in This Sporting Life, and King Arthur in the 1967 film Camelot and the subsequent 1981 revival of the show. He played an aristocrat and prisoner in A Man Called Horse (1970), a gunfighter in Clint Eastwood's Western film Unforgiven (1992), Emperor Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator (2000), and Albus Dumbledore in both Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002). Harris had a top ten hit in the UK and the US with his 1968 recording of Jimmy Webb's song "MacArthur Park".
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Films starring Richard Harris (2 C)
Media in category "Richard Harris"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- ABC Records advertisement - Billboard (11 May 1968).png 1,280 × 1,778; 111 KB
- Boston Mayor Raymond Flynn with Richard Harris 1985.jpg 5,940 × 3,927; 2.29 MB
- Deserto rosso 1.jpg 480 × 259; 78 KB
- Deserto rosso 3.jpg 480 × 259; 88 KB
- Richard Harris 1985.jpg 1,270 × 1,800; 552 KB
- Richard Harris 2.jpg 1,666 × 2,215; 582 KB
- Richard Harris Statue Kilkee 2007.jpg 2,272 × 1,704; 918 KB
- Richard Harris, Sally Kellerman, and Ben Johnson (1972).jpg 875 × 695; 56 KB
- Richard Harris.jpg 2,173 × 2,911; 1.1 MB