Category:Richmond, North Yorkshire
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Richmond is a market town and civil parish on the River Swale in North Yorkshire, UK and is the administrative centre of the district of Richmondshire. Situated on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, it is a popular tourist destination. The town was founded in 1071 by the Norman, Alan Rufus, on lands granted to him by William the Conqueror. Richmond Castle, completed in 1086, consisted of a keep with walls encompassing the area now known as the Market Place.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Dukes of Richmond (17 C, 13 F)
- ► Richmond Falls (14 F)
- ► History of Richmond, North Yorkshire (1 C)
- ► Oliver Duckett (3 F)
- ► People of Richmond, North Yorkshire (2 C)
Media in category "Richmond, North Yorkshire"
The following 200 files are in this category, out of 215 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Earl's Orchard.jpg 11 KB
- House in Richmond 02.JPG 1.19 MB
- House in Richmond.JPG 1.15 MB
- House of Robert Willance.jpg 3.65 MB
- John Wycliffe plaque.jpeg 2.22 MB
- Richmond from Castle.jpg 853 KB
- Door in Richmond.JPG 645 KB
- Richmond-sundial-plaque.jpg 1.48 MB
- River Swale2.JPG 836 KB
- Robert Willance house plaque.jpg 1.81 MB
- Street sign in Richmond.JPG 1.17 MB