The Ridgeway Library building at, 900 South Broad Street between Christian and Carpenter Streets, was constructed in 1873-78, and was designed by Addison Hutton in the Greek Revival style. The library was a bequest to the Library Company of Philadelphia by Dr. James Rush to honor his wife, Phoebe Ann Ridgeway. The Library Company left in 1965, to a new building on Locust Street between South 13th and 14th Streets, also called the Ridgeway Library. Since 1997, the restored building, with a large addition in the rear, has been occupied by the Philadelphia High School for the Creative and Performing Arts.
Media in category "Ridgeway Library"
The following 29 files are in this category, out of 29 total.