Category:Rivers of England
|Instance of||Wikimedia category|
|Category combines topics||river,|
country in north-west Europe, part of the United Kingdom
|Instance of||nation within the UK|
|Location||United Kingdom, United Kingdom|
|Basic form of government|
|Head of state|
|Head of government|
This is a high-level category. It contains general categories and images relating to the topic which cannot be described by lower-level categories. Particular rivers are listed under Category:Rivers of England by county, although
- A river flowing through several counties is categorised into each county through which it flows, (e.g The Thames), and
- Rivers with the same name (e.g. The Avon, The Ouse) *should* have disambiguation pages and are categorised by their principal county, or by their outflows.
- Category:Rivers of England by name has now been added and is underway.
- Please go to Talk page for comments and discussion.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- Confluences in England (6 C, 266 F)
- Estuaries of England (17 C, 133 F)
- Fords in England (44 C)
- Intermittent rivers in England (1 C, 1 F)
- Rapids in England (10 F)
- Streams in England (49 C, 5 F)
Media in category "Rivers of England"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- BRADLEY(1890) p03.56 - Rivers of Yorkshire.jpg 1,235 × 1,272; 367 KB
- BRADLEY(1890) p05.64 - Rivers of Yorkshire.jpg 1,306 × 1,285; 396 KB
- BRADLEY(1890) p06.68 - Map of the Yorkshire Rivers.jpg 1,336 × 1,291; 459 KB
- BRADLEY(1890) p07.42 - The Rivers of Yorkshire.jpg 1,269 × 1,310; 351 KB
- Dervent.jpg 250 × 336; 27 KB
- Gb4dot rivers England.png 621 × 737; 190 KB
- Major.rivers.of.England.jpg 2,336 × 2,973; 959 KB