Category:Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore
Jump to navigation Jump to search
archdiocese of the Catholic Church
|Location||United States of America|
Latina: Archidioecesis Baltimorensis
English: The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore is the oldest diocese based in the United States; it was established as an apostolic prefecture in 1784, was elevated to a diocese in November 1789, and elevated to an archdiocese in April 1808. It now consists of the independent city of Baltimore, the County of Baltimore, and the counties of Allegany, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett, Harford, Howard, and Washington in central and northwestern Maryland. It is the metropolitan see of the Ecclesiastical Province of Baltimore, which was the only province in the United States until 1847.
The article Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore on Wikipedia projects:
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Media in category "Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Archdiocesan Building, Baltimore.JPG 4,608 × 3,456; 2.67 MB
- Archdiocese of Baltimora.jpg 262 × 140; 65 KB
- Archdiocese of Baltimore Updated Coat of Arms 2017.jpg 722 × 1,075; 362 KB
- Ecclesiastical Province of Baltimore map.png 778 × 318; 40 KB
- JohnCarrollCertificate.jpg 782 × 825; 123 KB
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore.svg 853 × 1,247; 59 KB
- Towson Catholic HS.jpg 878 × 594; 238 KB
- US Navy 020503-N-5636P-002 Secretary of the Navy.jpg 2,100 × 1,611; 1.3 MB