Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Instance of||historical region,|
|Subclass of||ancient civilization|
|Location||Iberian Peninsula, Europe, Northern Hemisphere|
|Located on terrain feature||Iberian Peninsula|
|Hispania was the Roman name for the Iberian Peninsula. Under the Republic, Hispania was divided into two provinces: Hispania Citerior and Hispania Ulterior. During the Principate, Hispania Ulterior was divided into two new provinces, Baetica and Lusitania, while Hispania Citerior was renamed Hispania Tarraconensis.|
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Ancient Roman categories in Spain (29 C)
- ► Ancient Roman cities and villages in Spain by Spanish name (20 C, 1 F)
- ► Ancient Roman art in Spain (12 C, 1 F)
- ► Hispanic Roman coins (21 C, 21 F)
- ► Ancient Roman inscriptions in Spain (23 C, 1 P, 28 F)
- ► Maps of Roman Hispania (4 C, 131 F)
- ► Ancient Roman roads in Spain (12 C, 22 F)
Pages in category "Roman Hispania"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Roman Hispania"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Geog Ptolomeo.jpg 729 × 1,162; 241 KB
- Molexa1.jpg 850 × 638; 104 KB
- Museo de Albacete. Tesoro de denarios romanos 3.jpg 2,079 × 1,528; 1.13 MB