Category:Roman Syria Palaestina
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Syria Palaestina—Roman Palestine — a Roman province (135 CE—circa 390 CE).
- The province was established by the merger of the Roman Syria and Roman Judaea provinces.
- The capital was located in Antioch (in present day southeastern Turkey).
The name "Palestine" is technically anachronistic before 135 A.D.
|Instance of||Roman province|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished|| |
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► Bar Kokhba revolt (4 C, 12 F)
- ► Caesarea Maritima (25 C, 863 F)
- ► Galilee (35 C, 621 F)
- ► Hamat Gader (10 C, 117 F)
- ► Ancient Roman categories in Israel (22 C)
- ► Limes Palaestinae (7 C)
- ► Ancient Roman categories in Syria (15 C)
- ► Second Jewish temple in Jerusalem (7 C, 25 F)