Category:Royal Iris (ship, 1971)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Information about the vessel may be found at IMO 7032997.
A ship can change name and flag state through time, but the IMO number remains the same through the hull's entire lifetime. As a result, it can be useful to identify a ship by using the IMO number.
- Built by Chantiers de l'Atlantique, 1971, for Southern Ferries, named Eagle.
- Purchased by Paquet Cruises, renamed Azur
- Rebuilt into a full time cruise ship, 1981
- Sold to Chandris Cruises, 1987, renamed The Azur
- Sold to Festival Cruises, 1994
- Festival Cruises goes bankrupt, 2004
- At bankruptcy sale The Azur is sold to Mano Maritime, renamed Royal Iris
- On June 21, 2005, a small fire breaks out on board, but is quickly extinguished by crew members.
- IMO Number: 7032997
- Gross Tonnage: 14,717 tons
- Length: 466 feet
- Beam: 71.8 feet
- Top Speed: 18 knots
- Passenger Capacity: 770
- Crew Capacity: 325