Category:Russell Library (Middletown, Connecticut)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is 88001319
More images

English: The Russell Library, 119 Broad Street at Court Street in Middletown, Connecticut was built in 1833–1834 as Christ Episcopal Church, designed by Barzallai D. Sage in the Greek Revival style. The congregation later moved to the Church of the Holy Trinity on Main Street (1874). Frances Ann Russell, widow of Samuel Russell, purchased the church in 1873, had it remodeled in Gothic Revival, and donated it as Middletown's public library, which opened in 1876. Additions over the years: the Hubbard wing (1930); Children's Library (1973) (a remodel of the First Federal Saving and Loan Association of Meriden); major expansion (1983), connected these library buildings and created an inner courtyard. Reference:

The building is a contributing property of the Broad Street Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Media in category "Russell Library (Middletown, Connecticut)"

The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.