Category:Russian Cultural Centre (Washington, D.C.)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Russian Cultural Center (RCC) — located at 1825 Phelps Place, N.W., in the Sheridan-Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
- Built in 1895, the RCC facility is designated as a contributing property to the Sheridan-Kalorama Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Washington, D.C. in 1989.
- Previous occupants include Evalyn Walsh McLean, a socialite who became the last private owner of the Hope Diamond, (another former residence]] of McLean, the present day Embassy of Indonesia is located nearby).
- In the 1950s, the property was purchased by the Government of the Soviet Union, and converted into a school for children whose parents were employed at the Soviet Union Embassy. It later served as the Russian Embassy Consulate until the RCC opened in 1999.