Category:São Gonçalo de Lagos
Saltar para a navegação Saltar para a pesquisa
English: São Gonçalo was born in Lagos. His family were wealthy fishermen in the town and when he was still a boy he was sent to Lisbon to complete his studies. Whilst there he showed interesting in vocational demands of the priesthood and he decides to enter the Order of the Augustinians. He lived at the convent of Torres Vedras where he was well known for his preacher and his pastoral work, especially with the poorest and needy. He dedicated himself to spending time to teach catechism to the poorest children. He died on the 15 October 1422. Following the miracle in which he appeared to a shipwrecked relative who he said to guided to the shore and safety, he was beatified by Pope Pius VI in 1798. He is venerated by the fisherman of the town of his birth. He is celebrated in Lagos on October 27.
|Data de nascimento||1360|
|Data de morte||15 de outubro de 1422|
Esta categoria contém as seguintes 2 subcategorias (de um total de 2).
Multimédia na categoria "São Gonçalo de Lagos"
Esta categoria contém os seguintes 6 ficheiros (de um total de 6).
- Alminhas a São Gonçalo em Lagos, Portugal (15162636774).jpg 1 616 × 2 113; 1,84 MB
- Alminhas a São Gonçalo na Porta de São Gonçalo em Lagos Portugal (15162637014).jpg .jpg 1 594 × 2 119; 2,05 MB
- Doorway into Shrine of São Gonçalo of Lagos, 14 April 2016.JPG 3 456 × 4 608; 3,73 MB
- Magia... - panoramio.jpg 4 288 × 2 848; 3,83 MB
- Museum-Hof-Torres-Vedras-2008.JPG 1 728 × 2 592; 893 kB
- Shrine to São Gonçalo of Lagos, 14 April 2016.JPG 3 456 × 4 608; 4,21 MB