Category:SVG coats of arms of Brazilian marquessates
This category assembles the coats of arms created for the marquesses of the Empire of Brazil (1822–1889). It is not guaranteed, however, that all blazons created during the First Reign are here, since the registries of this period were partially destroyed, and much that is known nowadays is a result of later researches. The coats of arms are named after the highest rank achieved by the first noble that received each blazon. Many arms were shared by different titles, but were not transmitted hereditarily. Most of these arms are based on arms of Portuguese families, since the majority of the Brazilian aristocracy had Portuguese ancestors. The Brazilian heraldry presents, nevertheless, some French influence, due to the active presence of some French artists in the country, like Debret, Taunay and Boulanger – the second and last king of arms of Brazil.
Media in category "SVG coats of arms of Brazilian marquessates"
The following 26 files are in this category, out of 26 total.
- COA Marquess of Barbacena.svg 1.52 MB
- COA Duke of Caxias.svg 1.62 MB
- COA Baron of Japurá.svg 750 KB
- COA Marquess of Jundiaí.svg 108 KB
- COA Marquess of Maceió.svg 1.23 MB
- COA Marquess of Olinda.svg 768 KB
- COA Marquess of Paraná.svg 909 KB
- COA Marquess of Resende.svg 596 KB
- COA Marquess of Taubaté.svg 599 KB